Saturday, September 21, 2013

Photo Blog from Exploring the Black Hills

Alrighty so my mom and I had an absolutely amazing day tooling around the Black Hills today and saw a ton of things so instead of explaining it all I am just going to post all our lovely pictures and tell it through them!!

This is Pactola Lake, it was absolutely beautiful

First to Mt. Rushmore. Mom and I were really blown away by the size of it, which I guess we shouldn't have been but it was truly picturesque.

We made a Mountain Goat friend at Mt. Rushmore!!

My "artistic" shot as mom calls it.

Next to Crazy Horse. It was a neat monument and I am sure it will be great once it is finished but I am unconvinced it will be finished in my lifetime!!

This is what it will eventually look like but in seventy years they've only done what you see above. Still worth the sight to just see the size versus Mt. Rushmore, its even BIGGER!!

Made a friend here too.

Next to Custer State Park. Mom and I really REALLY wanted to see the buffalo and this was the first one we saw.

Then a momma and her babies crossed the road in front of us.

Then we got into a little crunch. A heard of about 400 were in the road/crossing it so we got stuck for a while.

And stood about 2 feet away from our car.

Finally they crossed and this is them roaming on the plane.

Then we ran into burros!! Also very friendly with people.

Also saw some Mountain Sheep!!

We then drove down the Needles Highway. There were 3 tunnels like this and it was awesome!!!

Me with the Cathedral Spires behind me :)

This is the Needle Point, it marks the beginning of the highway.

Finally ended the day with a wine tasting at the Prairie Berry Winery and this Red Ass Rhubarb was Raspberry and Rhubarb and was my favorite but not mom's.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god I am so jealous that you live there! everything is so so beautiful and i absolutely can't wait to visit. Also, your blog is like the best procrastination tool ever. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete