Saturday, September 14, 2013

Long Distance

So I know it's late for most of you on the east coast, subtract 2 hours and that's what time it is in South Dakota. Either way it's late. It rained most of the day here so I stayed inside and hung some more pictures watched my Ohio State Buckeyes decimate Cal 52-34 and during most of the game I got to talk to my man.

Most of you know him, some of you are lucky enough to have met him but on the off chance that someone starts reading this that doesn't know me or my life I suppose I should explain. He is amazing and that is quite literally the best/only way to put it. He puts up with me (which is no easy task: anyone who has ever argued with me can vouch for that) and he loves me. We met a while back and it's kinda been awesome ever since, I can't see myself with anyone else. He makes me laugh on my worst days and listens when I am making absolutely no sense and even helped edit my dissertation. I couldn't ask for a better man, mainly because there isn't one.

But you see he's not here with me yet. He's going to move out here eventually and I know then it will be amazing and well worth the wait. Right now sucks though. It's Skype conversations where we get interrupted half a dozen times and phone calls and texts. And I shouldn't be complaining because even with the interruptions Skype is a wonderful thing and it's not his fault it's just what happens because he has to Skype me while he's at work but...it sucks. I love him more than anything and we've always been a long distance relationship but this is different, it's so much farther. Instead of counting hours until I get to see him it's months or weeks. I can handle that too but I miss the little things so much.

I miss riding in the car and holding hands. I miss the way when he smiles at me with that I love you look in his eyes he has a parenthesis on his left cheek. I miss the feeling of his hand in mine. I could go on forever.

I love South Dakota and the people and my little town here. But lying in bed wearing one of his nerdy t-shirts sprayed with the last of his cologne I managed to swipe curled up with the stuffed animal he bought me when we first started dating, I really really miss him.  

1 comment:

  1. Kev's a pretty good runner-up, I'd say! I hope Antwan reads this...it is very sweet. Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete